Courtesy of Maryellen and precisely the sort of frivolity required by me during this most trying timeof year.
THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog
1. I will not eat "Turducken". What the hell is Turducken? I'm not entirely certain-the information on the label really did nothing more than to heighten my sense of outrage at finding such an absurd thing lurking in the fridge today. Fortunately, it appears to have been killed and neatly trussed so I don't have to worry about it leaping out at me the next time I crave eggnog.
2. I hate sitting on a recently vacated seat and finding myself in someone else's butt warmth. Hey, you asked for weird, you got it. Douglas Adams & John Lloyd mentioned this in their book, The Meaning of Liff. If I may quote them:
Yeah, that about sums it up for me. I should mention, however, that I am inordinately fond of wallowing in the warm spot left by someone who's just gotten out of bed (though there hasn't been any of that in years) so my residual body heat aversion only goes so far.
3. I have this horrible ability to awaken roughly 10 seconds before my phone rings. Don't know why, but it really ruins any chances I might have of actually sleeping through a telemarketer or late night drunk dialer.
4. I love running barefoot in mud. And I like playing in mud. I especially like constructing elevated roadways out of mud with the kids and then letting the mess bake in the sun til it's semi-permanent.
5. Texture pretty much decides whether or not I'll purchase an article of clothing. Don't care how good it looks or how smashing the colors are, if I don't like the way it feels, I won't buy it. Shopping for clothes must be agrravating for my friends because I'll just wander through the racks with my hands trailing over the clothes til I find something that feels interesting. As you may have guessed, I don't buy a lot of clothing.
6. I hate donuts. I hate their taste. I hate their smell. Since I live in New England, and I can't turn around without stumbling into a Dunkin Donuts, this is problematic. About 11 years ago, I had a perfectly wonderful bright, airy apartment located on a hill in the middle of 2 acres of trees. Then one horrible summer, a Dunkin Donuts was built at the bottom of the hill. Every evening, as the wind shifted to come out of the mountains to the west, donut stench would come wafting through my otherwise perfect apartment. I moved.
And who I tag? Well, the obvious: Kat, Vickie (though she's neglected her blog since we comitted to the store so we'll see), Sara (though she's comitted to fiber holiday madness),Gigi, Defulct, and um, 5's going to have to do it.